I’m a huge fan of quick weekday meals (30 minutes or less), and this recipe slides in just under the wire. I fell back into my usual habit of tunnel-vision cooking, so no photos this time. 😕
Quick Quinoa Casserole
As with many of the recipes I make, veggies are interchangeable and experimentation is encouraged! This recipe is great for 3-4 people as a side dish, or 2-3 as a main dish. The original simply called for a cheesy mixture with broccoli, but adding more veggies makes this dish more colorful and flavorful. Win!
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (Cook like rice! 2:1 ratio of water to quinoa.)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 Tbsp milk (I use 1%)
- 2 cups assorted veggies (feel free to change the amount and type! I used: onion, green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli).
- Shredded cheese (I typically use a mix of mozzarella and a mexican blend)
- To taste: salt, pepper, whatever else! (I used coriander and nutmeg this time around)
- Get out your baking pan – square, rectangular, whatever! This recipe is versatile, so shallow or deep – take your pick!
- Set the oven to bake at 350
- Chop your veggies while your quinoa is cooking – diced size works well.
- Mix together your creamy ingredients (soup, mayo, milk).
- Add in your spices. A light sprinkle of each is fine.
- Add in your veggies. Stir.
- Add in the quinoa. Stir well to incorporate everything into an even, creamy mixture
- Sprinkle a light layer of cheese on top.
- Pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes (to heat through and melt cheese)