Homemade Shamrock Shakes:
(Please note, I usually prepare recipes by taste. I try my best to list exact measurements when sharing recipes, but my Italian side just resists with a vengeance. So, I apologize if you need to make adjustments along the way!) Recipe makes 2-4 milkshakes depending on your definition of a single milkshake!
- Standard Blender (Immersion blender would work in a pinch too. I am 100% in love with my Cuisinart one!)
- half blender of Ice Cubes
- 2 cups Real Vanilla Ice Cream (I use Wegmans vanilla bean)
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Creme
- 1/8 cup Creme De Menthe (less, or omit if you’re not into minty flavors)
- Green Sprinkles and Whipped Cream (optional, to taste/desired effect)
- Fill blender 1/2 way with ice cubes.
- Add 2 cups of ice cream (should essentially fill the blender).
- Add 1/2 cup of baileys
- Add 1/8 cup of creme de menthe (if you’re unsure of this, add 1 tbsp to start. you can always mix in more later!)
- Blend until ingredients are combined.
- Serve into glasses, add whipped cream and green sprinkles on top, and enjoy! (Keep blender in the freezer between servings so your 2nd helping of milkshake doesn’t melt)
The best part about this recipe is it’s versatility. You can easily make this…
- Non-alcoholic (substitute baileys and creme de menthe for 1% or 2% milk and mint extract)
- Non-dairy (use milk substitute and non-dairy ice cream)
- More Irish (experiment with different alcohols – anything that won’t curdle cream should work!)
- Less Irish, More Indulgent (can add chocolate syrup, cherries, rainbow sprinkles, and so many more ideas!)
I’d love to hear about your shamrock shakes! Let me know how this recipe worked for you, as well as any fun variations or experiments you tried!